The story of a young lady raised in the San Francisco Bay Area who moved to Houston, got married, had 2 boys and moved to a small Southeast Texas town. Read all about it.

Sunday, February 01, 2009

Day 2

#2. My Grandma Judy (Dad's Mom) was born in Punxsutawney, PA. The place where the groundhog is. I always thought it was cool. I also thought of February as her month. She was born on Leap Day. Last year she would have had her 22nd birthday. It reminds me of Pirates of Penzance. Except my grandma wasn't a pirate apprentice. She was a postal employee. She ended her career in Mendocino, CA. I loved to visit her up there. I think that's where I got into my head that I would like the east coast for college. One of these days, I hope to take my husband and kids up there so they can see a different part of California.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We spend a lot of family time in Mendocino. It is so, so beautiful. Let me know if you ever go, I have some great spots to visit.