The story of a young lady raised in the San Francisco Bay Area who moved to Houston, got married, had 2 boys and moved to a small Southeast Texas town. Read all about it.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The Quiet

Before Ike came whipping through, there were particular sounds at night. The sounds of frogs croaking, the owl in the tree out back, crickets chirping. In the week I've been back I haven't heard the sounds. I have heard other sounds at night. The sounds of generators for our neighbors to the south. I would hear the generators when I went to bed and then when I would get up before dawn to get the oldest ready for school. Now that the neighbors have their power back, I hear nothing. No frogs. No owls. No crickets. I wonder how long it will be before the animals come back. Of if they come back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They will come back...

Anonymous said...

The animals aare back, Owls moved 3 streets away. We have a pair of Red Tail Hawks now nesting out back. And the d r e a d e d frogs....... not gone!!!!!