The story of a young lady raised in the San Francisco Bay Area who moved to Houston, got married, had 2 boys and moved to a small Southeast Texas town. Read all about it.

Friday, October 10, 2008

Dinner, courtesy of the U. S. Government

Well, since I've a dearth of ideas, so I decided to show you the meals the Government passed out to those who lost power and water during Hurricane Ike.

We have Pot Roast with Vegetables, Peanut Butter, Cheese Spread, Crackers, and a Cinnamon Scone. I chose not to eat the PB, Cheez, or Crackers. I ate the Pot Roast w/Veg-alls. Edible. The boys enjoyed eating the PB and Cheez from a tube. The crackers, not so much. Big Kid said they tasted dry. I'll say they looked like cardboard. Then there was the Skone. It looked like a flattened version of the ones I've seen at StarBux. Smelled nice, tasted OK, but dry.
So, as far as food for those who really need it, it was good. However since I have 3 and a half boxes (12 meals in a box) left, either they are going to be saved until the next hurricane (they're good until 2012 and beyond) or they'll be eaten during The Husband's treks to the deer lease.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's quite a meal. Thanks for showing us this, it's like you went to the moon!

Anonymous said...

I vote on using them for the deer lease meals. Simple, no fuss way to keep them wanting to come home.

Anonymous said...

DEER LEASE MEALS or a Saturday afternoon alone with no wife or kids...... once a year.... and I suggest the Pot Roast meal....