The story of a young lady raised in the San Francisco Bay Area who moved to Houston, got married, had 2 boys and moved to a small Southeast Texas town. Read all about it.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Lose the Flu, Catch a Cold

Oh, what a fun week I've had. Wednesday I took the boys to get their flu shots, and got one for myself as well. Ten minutes after leaving the doctor's office, I felt like I was going to be sick. I guess I'm just susceptible to the suggestion from my doctor that I might get mild flu-like symptoms. So I feel crummy the rest of Wednesday, which included a trip back to the airport to get my husband after work. Thursday I woke up fine, then came that hit by a truck feeling. But it wasn't the fluey feeling. It was a cold. A nasty cold that took my voice. And is still holding it ransom until I pay it with rest and sleep. Which of course, as a mom of 2 chaos creating boys, I have absolutely no chance of getting. So it's a couple of days of Ricola and Chloraseptic. Maybe I'll be better for Halloween. Or Thanksgiving.

No comments: