The story of a young lady raised in the San Francisco Bay Area who moved to Houston, got married, had 2 boys and moved to a small Southeast Texas town. Read all about it.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Go Vote

My family is political. Not as in extremely vocal about our political beliefs, but political as in my dad works in politics. He has told me about the times he took me to polls as he checked on the locations to make sure all was running smoothly. And I've been to many election day lunches where the adults didn't mind hearing the opinions of a 12 year old. And then there were the political parties where I met different candidates. Those were fun because the candidate would come up and introduce themselves and I would say "OK". But that was California politics.
Down here in Texas things are so much different. It's a red state, where Republicans will win the presidential race. So I haven't seen a great many Obama or McCain ads. Also I live in a county where there are around 45,000 registered voters. So I'm not a "need to get" voter. But I vote.
I vote because I am over 18 years old. I vote because I am a United States Citizen. I vote because I am a mother. But most importantly, I vote because if I don't vote I have no right to complain.
So go vote. That way when things go wrong, you can complain.

No comments: