The story of a young lady raised in the San Francisco Bay Area who moved to Houston, got married, had 2 boys and moved to a small Southeast Texas town. Read all about it.

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Oh, the Strangeness

I woke up this morning and had a wonderful surprise. After getting the coffee going and the dog outside, I turned on the morning news. As my wandering mind often does, I started to look through the channels. When I found one of the movies I could easily say is one of my guilty pleasures. Can't Stop the Music. Where else do you have a movie that not only has current reality stars Bruce Jenner & Steve Gutenburg, but also has the Village People. Throw in a little Valerie Perrine and Baby June Havoc (Gypsy Rose Lee's baby sister), a lot of catch songs that get stuck in your head, and New York City of late 70's and then you've got a movie. This is one of the movies that I remember vividly from my childhood. Others are Xanadu, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts' Club Band, and Popeye. I had strange tastes when I was young. Now I need to go. It's time for the "Milkshake" song.

No comments: